Hello, hello, hello! How are my precious little ducklings doing today? Insert the baby duck emoji here. It’s May 1st! It feels like April was yesterday. Hehe. Seriously, though, am I the only one who is like, freaking out over how fast time is running? It honestly feels like December/Christmas was like a month ago! I have a month and a half left of high school before I graduate and then I’m off to college. I’m so nervous but excited at the same time.
Anyways, I am back with another lil post and this time, I will be talking about the things that made me go all heart eyes emoji and feel like a fierce bi$$h throughout April! This is going to be a pretty long post so go get some snacks, sit back, relax and let’s get started.
- In case you did not notice based on my Easy Makeup For A Day Out or Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour palette review – which you can read by clicking on them – posts, the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Palette has owned my heart since day day I bought it. I love the shades, the pigmentation, the use you can get out of it; everything. This palette retails for $40 and you can get it at Sephora. It is on the pricey side but I believe it is worth every cent you spend on it.
- L’Oreal’s Infallible Foundation quickly escalated it’s way up through the charts and although I initially purchased it so I could have a light-coverage foundation to wear to school, I have found myself ditching my beloved MAC and Chanel foundations for this.
- The Body Shop’s InstaBlur Face Primer – this thing is amazing. It comes out in a gel-like form and once you put it on your face, it feels like you no longer have a face but a baby’s butt instead. That’s how good this is. It also makes my makeup last all day. Great dupe for Benefit’s Porefessional!
- Real Technique’s Miracle Complexion Sponge owns my heart. We only have about three Sephora stores in Mexico and unfortunately, we don’t have one where I live, so I had to dig through the deep dark waters of cosmetics to find a good dupe for the Beauty Blender. And I did! This is amazing and you should definitely try it if you haven’t!
- Too Faced’s Chocolate Bar Palette is love, Too Faced’s Chocolate Bar Palette is life. I am in love with this palette. Apart from the fact that it smells like heaven, the warm shades in this are pigmented as HECK. I have a post on a quick look I made with this palette and you can read it here.
- Urban Decay’s Eyeshadow Primer Potion: I had been using NARS’ eyeshadow primer for the past two years and I wanted to change and try something else, so I bought this. GIRL, lemme tell ya somethin’ – switching primers has been one of the best decisions I’ve made because this is amazing. It makes my eyeshadow look BOMB and I just love it.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Gel and Dip Brow Pomade: I stepped up my eyebrow game with these two that I like to call my ‘dynamic duo’ and I walk around looking and feeling like the fiercest bi$$h in the room because of this.
- I recently bought Lush’s Dark Angels Face Cleanser/Mask on my trip to Orlando and only used it once a week to pamper myself. Things changed two weeks ago when I got my monthly gift and broke out like a BITCH. Sorry, there was no other way to put it. I was breaking out SO. FREAKING. BAD. and this baby saved my skin. Seriously, try this if you haven’t because it is a lifesaver.
- Not Your Mother’s Dry Shampoo: I am trying to grow out my hair so I changed my routine of washing my hair every night to washing it every two days, and this has been doing the job for me when I feel a little bit gross. It gives my hair SO MUCH volume and leaves it feeling all nice and soft. I love it.
- When I do wash my hair though, I use L’Oreal’s EverCréme Shampoo. This bottle of glory is sulphate free, which is great for your hair and it feels amazing when I massage it into my scalp. I just want to wash my hair for hours with this.
- Valfre’s 100% Boys Tears iPhone Case – you can buy it here
- Sam Smith’s – In The Lonely Hour
- Glitter nail polish
- Hand sanitiser
That was it for my April favorites! Do we have any favourites in common? If not, I would love to hear about your favourites. Let me know in a comment below! It’s a new month and I am so excited for the things ahead all of us. I hope you are all doing well and I will talk to you soon.
Just a friendly reminder that you can still comment on my posts even if you don’t have a WordPress account!
Styling Canvas officially has a Facebook page and you can go like it here!